The Fraunhofer IAP in Potsdam-Golm is specialized in the research and development of polymer applications. It supports companies and partners in tailor-made development and optimization of innovative and sustainable materials, process auxilliaries and technologies. The focus is on innovative spinning techniques for the manufacture of fibers and nonwovens upto precursors and methods for their conversion to carbon fibers.
Competences in Technical Textiles
- Development of the wet spinning process on customer-specific polymers
- Processing of polymer solutions according to Lyocell technology (NMMO and air gap spins)
- Melting spins of a new thermoplastic material
- Development of high-performance materials such as carbon fibers and hollow fibers
- Cellulose analysis and viscose characterization